Friday, 9 October 2009

Westonbirt Aboretum








The blending shades of Autumn, although the Aboretum still not at
 it's fullest impact with Autumn colour, the results is still stunning. . . .





So many walkways to explore with numorous
 trees associated with places all over the world. . . .



Which way now. .  . . .?



Gosh, how tall is this one. . . .



A blanket of Autumn colour. . . .



Leaves nearly fallen. . . . .





together with pine cones. . . . .



Autumn shades turning to a bright warm red. . . . .




The various Hydraneas  nearly finished for the season. . . .




before a majority of trees are bare.



What a peaceful day. . . .



Shut the gate behind you. . . .




4 comments:

  1. Your pictures are breathtaking. Your mosaics of various colors are stunning. Simply beautiful.
    Sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is somewhere I've always wanted to visit but not yet done so. Thanks for sharing these fabulous images. FAB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to Sunny & The Early Birder.
    The day was really lovely & relaxing.
    Excellent walking, but I'm sure the Autumn colours will be even more stunning towards the end of this month. I visited the end of September & the majority was still green foliage, but still a wonderful sight.
    Just before Christmas, they illuminate one of the wooded walks, returning to mulled wine & roasted chestnuts. Hope to do this again this year.
    Kind Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirleyanne, I've enjoyed visiting you today! Your blog is truly inspirational and the photos are wonderful!

    My husband and I were in England in 2003 and visited a lot of the manor gardens, but Kew wasn't on the list unfortunately. Hopefully when we make it back we'll get the chance to visit some of the wonderful botanical gardens.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Blessings,
    Teresa
    Forget the Dishes

    ReplyDelete