Unfortunately,
I had to wait until today for the first walk of the New Year!
I aimed towards the Somerset Levels, stopping briefly at Burrow Mump.
I was not disappointed to see the swan above, which was certainly exercising it's wings,
& what a wing span!
It was quite a dull damp day with the weather,
with the Levels in flood, attracting much bird life.
With the mood of the weather,
just thought it was appropriate ,
to transform some of these images into black & white.




I just found your blog through Jackie's Life in Surrey, and so glad I did! What lovely pictures, and what a joy to see the great places where you live. I too love to walk and take pictures of our mid-western surroundings. If the snow ever quits, I may get to travel out a little farther! Now that Christmas is over, I can't wait for Spring!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your blog and will be back! Thanks!