Thursday, 22 September 2011

At Last




At long last,
I had the chance to get out for a more longer walk.
I managed to get to Shapwick Heath,
located close to  Street & Glastonbury.


Instantly, the weather produced showers,
which seem to appear from nowhere.



But, it was still enjoyable,
 & I was still able to appreciate
some peaceful & tranquil surroundings




Signs of the Autumu season were much in evidence,
from fungi, acorns, to the changing colour of the bracken.




Even so, insect activity was still rife.
Butterflies were still fluttering around,
& I even stumbled on a small toad in the undergrowth.





Eventually,
  later in the afternnon,
any glimmer of blue sky
suddenly turned very dark & grey!

There was definitely no escape from the gathering rain.
It was certainly a brisk return to the car.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely place to walk! Your photos are really beautiful, and give such a sense of the autumnal scene.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see your world is being colored Autumn as well, beautiful photos Shirleyanne, I especially love the last one. Are those red things with white dots some type of a mushroom, if so is it edible? I've never seen anything like this before.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many lovely things you see on your walks! I just love all the fall colors. You captured all the pretty nature finds so well. I picture a nice fire in your cozy home after that walk and the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pomona, a lovely walk eventhough weather not entirely brilliant, just so good to get some fresh air!

    Darlin, since photographing the seasons more, I tend to notice more in nature & appreciate it.
    The red fungi are toadstools, after checking the book, I think they are called Fly Agarlic, but it states they are poisonous! I've only seen a few so far. The weekend again, hope you have a good one!

    Vicki, by taking the photos, really helps me to appreciate my environment more. Autumn colours alsways seem to relay colours of warmth! Just beautiful! How I would love a nice fire at home, particularly a wood burner or overlarge fireplace, but in reality, I have a gas fire, more convenienent with going to work full-time. But, I try to compensate an evening quite often with candle light, especially if candles are scented!

    ReplyDelete