Many congratulations to my daughter,
with running her first marathon 13.1 miles,
from Newcastle to Gateshead,
taking part in the Great North Run.
She did the run in a time of 02:55:19.
She was part of a team,
her partner ran the marathon in 01:54:04,
& his father's time was 02:34:38.
Their funraising efforts will be going to BIBIC,
a childrens' Charity.
~ ~ ~ ~
The day was also made special
with a display from the Red Arrows,
a first appearance from them since the
sad lost of one of their pilots recently,
who's widow started the race,
& ran the marathon aswell.
~ ~ ~ ~
Well done to them All!


A huge congratulations to your daughter and the team she worked with. How in the heck can anybody run that distance is beyond me... there'd have to be something pretty big chasing me for me to run that far and that fast!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful week! I love the looks of your blog, is this new or have I been so absorbed in getting settled back in studies that I've not noticed it?
Many thanks Darlin, It's a bit beyond me aswell which is why I am very proud of her! She's certainly grown up to be one determined lady. Thousands of people entered this marathon aswell, it was an amazing experience for her & televised.
ReplyDeleteChanged my blog design recently, thought it would be appropriate for the Autumn season, although a bit different.
Hope studies is going well,enjoy the week also!