Sunday, 29 September 2013

A Stately Home

 
 
Dunster Castle is now run by the National Trust,
so to make the most of my visit,
I took the opportunity to see inside once again.

 
 
 
A beautiful stately home,
but one which is lovingly restored
& presented for the general public to view.
 
 
 
 
From the Billiard room to. . . .
 
 
The Library. . . .
 
 
To the Conservatory.
 
 
 
 
They say. . . .
 
'An Englishman's castle is his home'
~  ~  ~  ~
My home is definitely
 on a much lesser scale to this beautiful place,
 but my home to me is my castle,
 a welcoming sanctuary,
 that I do value & cherish.
 

2 comments:

  1. So nice to see you again! Thank you for your kind words about Lucy and Simba. It has been a really sad year but yes, Annie is doing well and I'm so happy to have her.

    This place is a treasure. Your pictures are beautiful. I would love to have a place like this to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comments. Couldn't believe your news when I finally caught up with your blog. Pets are a big part of the family! Annie must be a comfort.
    The castle is beautiful & quite homely the way it is presented, despite being so big. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete