Friday, 22 October 2010

From the Waterways. . . .

 Collages53 (2) The Waterways of Brugge, a delight way to view many areas of the town.

IMG_1611

The boat’s journey trails under many of the low bridges,

IMG_1610

Tranquil moments,

IMG_1690

Viewing a wooden fronted building, a rarity of the town.

IMG_1695

Leafy branches overhangs the water & a layer of ivy covers brickwork of bridges. . . .

IMG_1697

Rustic & character provided with old buildings built alongside the waterways.   Many years ago, windows were blocked up, to help keep down the cost of taxes, evident on many buildings.

IMG_1763 

Buildings of various styles enable a  more true vision of this wonderful town.

The boat ride, wonderful moments in a tranquil setting offering the atmosphere of such an amazing place.

8 comments:

  1. Great photographs, not a place I have heard off but the type of place we like to visit. Jackie in Surrey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, these photos are wonderful! I'd love to visit and spend a week or two taking photos and enjoying the scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jackie for your comment, I think I've spelt the name the Belgium way, otherwise I think it's spelt 'Bruge.'

    Hello Darlin, it is definitely a favourite place of mine. Very characteristic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's looks like such a beautiful place! I love to visit new countries and old places. The history of everyday life fascinates me and what better way to learn and to visit, see and do. Beautiful pictures!
    Patricia :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anita paid a day visit recently but no pictures so thanks for sharing yours. FAB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all your comments! Such a place full of character together with unique charm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this town such a nice place and their chocolates! Happy weekend Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely a favourite place Catherine! Plus the chocs, although I didn't get to sample one on this holiday!!! Much to my surprise!!!

    ReplyDelete