Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Bluebell Walk



All photos taken on my recent walk at
 Hestercombe Gardens, Somerset,
a section of woods,
 which isn't normally open to the general public,
 was open specifically
for the viewing of the Bluebell season.


In amongst the trees, just a haze of blue.





6 comments:

  1. Morning, we have been so lucky with the weather and all the gardens look wonderful!! I love visiting gardens that come under the open garden scheme as they are usually someone's personal space and hard work.

    Have a good day,which is meant to be very warm again!! Jackie in Surrey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE bluebells Shirleyanne, they remind me of our farmhouse from when I was a wee child. They seemed to grow forever up into the sky, I remember that much!

    Very nice photos, thanks for the wonderful memory! :-) Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlin & Jackie
    Thank you both for your comments!
    I love wildflowers as much as any other.
    Bluebells always remind me of when I was a child walking my parents dog, in nearby woods. It was always awash with these beautiful flowers when they were in full bloom. Unfortunately, these woods don't provide such an impact with these anymore. A blessing to have gardens to enable us to remember such times! A safe haven aswell!
    Regards to you both! Enjoy the coming weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Shirleyanne. We've finally been experiencing some lovely weather here, yesterday it was up to 21c and I loved it! I took my dog for a walk and got out and enjoyed it, no camera in tow because some moments in time are best savored and stored in the memory. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlin, so please the weather is at last improving! Your winter season sure is a long one.
    A bit of warmth realy does make a difference.
    You're right aswell, some moments definitely are the best without any distractions.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bluebells are such beautiful delicate flowers and your photos have done them justice.

    ReplyDelete