Wednesday, 31 August 2011

Last Day of Summer...!?!


Well, they say today is officially the last day of Summer!
Where has it gone....
I still want to sit & relax in sunshine
 & appreciate the delights of summer,
from each individual bloom,
 to the wonderful colour  that surrounds us in summer.


Or to be by the Seaside,


This year really has gone too quickly.....
Never enough time to appreciate
 every aspect of the season.
~   ~   ~   ~
Really want just some more quality moments
 from  such a lovely season.....
~  ~  ~  ~
Lets hope theres still some lovely weather
to enable us to enjoy all these natural delights!

5 comments:

  1. Please say it's not true... as I go downstairs to put the furnace back on. The evenings are getting cooler, the days are growing shorter but I must say it's been a good summer, even with all the rain.

    Your photos are beautiful, I love the hat on the bench and the chair in the flowers. I know that I could sit and dream for a long time basking in the sunshine on that chair or bench! :-)

    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping that Sept 30th will be the last day of Summer I am hoping this month will be an Indian Summer, especially during the day!!We still have our holidays to look forward to in September. A lovely sunny day here so hopefully that is a good sign. Love all your pictures. Have a great weekend, we are off to Sussex for the day and hope to see the sea as well as the countryside.

    Jackie in Surrey, UK.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlin & Jackie, Sincerely wish for the sunshine to remain with us for awhile longer!
    Eventhough signs of Autumn!
    Really hope you have good weather for your hols Jackie. Enjoy time off during these next few months, although I have to wait until October for next hols.
    Hope You Both have a Great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite season of the year is autumn so I am not sad to see summer come to an end. Congratulations to your daughter on her engagement, Shirleyanne! You will both have some exciting days ahead

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat, I also love the Autumn, just find it incredible how quick this year is going....certianly not enough time to cram in everything on my wish list for the year!
    Daughter now in Turkey! Will certainly look forward to hearing about her trip to Rome aswell! Exciting times but I don't think she will marry until 2013 at least!
    Enjoy your weekend Pat!

    ReplyDelete