Sunday, 19 February 2012

A Rarity


Before the sun finally set,
 on a bitterly cold day,
it was lovely to see the snowdrops
growing proudly in clumps


Due to rather mild weather,
 until the recent cold spell,
 the sight of daffodils
 was another inspiring sight to see



Unfortunately,
being able to get out for a walk these days,
 seem to be coming bit of  a rarity,


My Mother, aged 88,
 has been diagnosed with Dementia,
 and although I have 4 brothers,
I have become her registered carer.
With still trying to maintain my day job,
 there really isn't an awful lot of spare time left.
Also, during the last few weeks,
she has been admitted twice
into hospital with Angina attacks.
Due to my commitment and care
towards my Mother,
I am finding
 I have rather less time
 to keep myself informed
of blogging friends updates,
 apologises for this.
I will post when I can.
Regards to you all!

10 comments:

  1. My thoughts are with you Shirleanne, careing for a parent and having a life can be very difficult but believe me when the time comes and they are no longer with us you then know you are the best daughter you could ever be.
    By the way I know I have said it before but I doe love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Davine, it certainly isn't easy balancing her life with mine, but becoming more use to a different kind of routine. Miss my walks, but hopefully, as the weather improves this will aswell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your Mom and take care of her. It will be memories and a feeling of gratitude to last the eternities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sincere Thanks to you Bill! She is one special lady & it is a priviledge to do what I can to make her life as comfortable & happy as it is possible.
    She has always been there for me though some difficult times, so I hope I am fulfilling my commitment to her!
    Take care Bill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shirleyanne. I can symphathize with your current situation .... I have also found it difficult to find time for blogging over many months.

    Take all the time you need to care for your Mum and know that your friends will be here whenever you need us.

    The photos are fabulous ... I'll put a collage of Hellebores together very soon just for you and your Mum. Take care ... FAB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shirleyanne,

    I have just popped over from Frank's blog.....I understand what you are going through.
    I take care of my elderly parents and my mother is very ill at the moment.

    Holding you and Mum in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, I come to you by way of our mutual blogging friend Frank. I am so sorry that you are having to deal with so much. My father-in-law is also 88 and his short term memory is failing miserably as well. I do hope that your family shall rally round and allow for you to have breaks away from your care giving. My very best to you, take care and take some time to refresh your own self~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shirley,
    Just wanted to wish you a very Happy Birthday.
    Hope your day was a really good one. I hope you mum is doing ok, really sorry to hear to hear she has been ill.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shirleyann, I know what it is like to have a mother with dementia. It is no easy task and probably the most difficult you'll go through in your lifetime. So I will pray for you to find patience and love and kindness and all those things you will need to help her through this phase of her life. Take care friend. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Big Thank You to All your very kind comments.
    So very much appreciated!

    Frank, thank you, will certainly look forward to your post regarding Hellebores, such beautiful flowers, & a welcome sight at this time of the year!

    Cheryl, Mary & Carol
    Thank you all, it is a comfort knowing one is not on their own when you realise others have their caring roles aswell. Regards to you all!
    Take care!
    &
    John, yes, my birthday this past Monday, spent at Kew! A weekend with my younger brother & wife, besides the company of my daughter & partner. Other brothers had to care for Mother this past weekend, really needed a break. My Mother has certainly been through it this past year, although she still bounces back. Regards to you & your Mum!

    ReplyDelete