My visit to Surrey last weekend,
was an occasion,
I had been looking forward too for awhile,
besides other familymembers.
My niece's baby is now just over a year old,
but last Sunday was her special Day,
with her Naming Ceremony!
An occasion that was attended by family & close friends.
Fortunately,
the weather was more than kind
with a very warm & sunny day.
The gazbeo was decorated in fabric bunting,
a lovey summer collection of flowers,
& to help mark the day,
the parents also included a Cross stitch cushion,
I had made with Eliana's name,
an appropriate sign for the day.
A registrar was also in attendence
to ensure the occasion was official.
A collection of readings & poems,
dedicated to Eliana & her up-bringing,
read by people that was the closest to her,
was a momentous part of the ceremony.
The occasion,
represented as
a wonderful garden party,
which had been hoped for!
The special little lady ,
was more than please to seek,
the delights of her toy box,
after the ceremony!
But,
Smudge,
the family dog,
was certainly eager,
at the start to sit & wait,
for the celebrations!!!
~ ~ ~ ~
Overall,
I was most honoured to be involved with all preparations,
not only to make the bunting & cushion,
but also to be asked to be a Supportive Adult during Eliana's life!



I was admiring your photos and the occasion and when I reached the photo of this adorable wee one I stopped, she's absolutely adorable! What a special day for special young lady. I've never heard of a naming ceremony, does this generally transpire around one year of age?
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos of a magnificent day Shirleyanne!
Thank you Darlin, such a lovely day, & Eliana is such a sweet cutie! This is similar to a Christening, but without religious ceremony.
ReplyDeleteEvenso, it was still meaningful. I don't think the age matters, this was just the right time for Eliana.
Hope you have a fantastic weekend Darlin!
Hi Shirleyanne, sorry I haven't commented for a while, I don't know where the time goes, although I am spending as much time as possible with Harry!! The occasion looks wonderful and you had the excellent weather. You must be very honoured to be asked to be a supportive adult to such a beautiful little girl and to be there as she grows up to a young lady.
ReplyDeletePhil's dad lives in Banstead.
Have a great weekend, love Jackie in Surrey.x
Jackie, thanks for your comments. I know how you feel, not always easy to keep up with posting & comments as one would like!
ReplyDeleteVery please you're able to spend some time with Harry. I'm sure you enjoy every second in his company! Phil's Dad must be fairly close to my brother, he lives in Coulsdon. Niece & Nephew located in Croydon & Sutton.
Eliana's day was truly a wonderful day. A very Happy occasion for everyone!
Enjoy your weekend Jackie!
A beautiful cushion and a beautiful party!
ReplyDeletePomona x