Although I come from Somerset,
surrounded in countryside,
I would never have imagined,
that I would have to visit so close to London,
to have to experience
such a close encounter with a Fox
This was a leafy suburb of Surrey,
the dustbin men had just emptied the ordinary waste,
& this creature was then scavenging
for food in the middle of the road,
only moving with an oncoming vehicle.
Although we had several sitings
of this animal during the weekend,
even casually walking pass the patio doors,
during this photo session,
at times,
the Fox was only a few feet away.
~ ~ ~ ~
A very close encounter!




Wow, that's so close. The fox is cute but I don't think that I'd want to be quite that close to one. Fantastic shots Shirleyanne!
ReplyDeleteThese are fairly intrepid explorers around here and daylight sightings are not uncommon. We hear them most nights as they traverse through the garden to move from street to street.
ReplyDeleteDarlin, a small fox, but looked quite skinny!
ReplyDeleteThis fox definitely not really afraid of humans.
Frank, you are completley right! Through my few days in Surrey, we witnessed this fox nearly on a daily basis. It wasn't afraid, but I know there was a mixture of concern between the residents, a few had started feeding this creature, but others were greatly concernded by this task. Hope you manage to get out & about this week!
Great photos, Shirleyanne! This poor fox must be very hungry to come out in daylight like this! He looks scared. I feel sorry for wild animals whose natural habitats are being diminished. Her ein the US there was a recent story of a mountain lion that crossed almost the entire country in search of food, only to be killed by a car on a highway.
ReplyDeletePat, the fox was a young one & quite thin. There were woods & fields nearby but he/she still persisted to visit the local residents. A shame that he can't survive better in a more appropriate setting. Awful end for the mountain lion you mentioned.
ReplyDeleteTake care!