Well, yet another wet stormy & blustery weekend!
Still many jobs I could do in the garden,
but with the daylight getting shorter & with the subsequent weather, this will have to wait.
Quite frustrating, but I still manage to fill up the garden recycle bin
in readiness for the next collection, that is inbetween infrequent dry moments!
I definitely think the birds have the right idea,
to stay high in the trees or shelter in the nearby shrubs & bushes.
Nearly all the trees are now bare after such strong winds that accompanied the storms.
The ground was strewn with the fallen leaves, some of which I have managed to collect & sweep up, while others get caught in corners & lay along the pathways.
The marigold I discovered at my Mother's,
which was well sheltered by some shrubs.
These pansies were well battered in the strong windy weather,
but they managed to survive, amazing for such a delicate looking plant.
The roses have nearly finished flowering, although this one is trying to hang on,
but its petals are now showing signs of decay.
But, with so much mild weather up & til now,
I think we have been lucky to still see any sign of flowering.


I love your header. No flowers in my garden - it is almost all white now. Enjoy each beautiful thing as it comes along. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteHello Bill,
ReplyDeleteI was so amazed at all the snow you've had.
We don't normally get much here.
Hope you enjoyed all your Thankgiving celebrations!
Take care
I'm with you...too many gardening jobs backing up at the moment. Despite the lousy weather there is still some colour and shapes to be seen. You're lucky to get your garden recycling collected we have to travel some miles to the recycling centre.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comments Frank.
ReplyDeleteRecycling garden bin is very useful even though I have to pay for this service.
But, normally it makes me get on with the jobs.
Your blogs on Norfolk have been very good!
Your pictures are such a joy to look at. They brighten my day!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry I have been running behind with my comments.
Sunny :)